|Company Name||USS Co., Ltd.|
|Head Office||507-20 Shinpo-machi, Tokai-shi, Aichi Prefecture 476-0005 Japan Access Map|
|Representatives||President and Representative Director : Yukihiro Ando|
|Capital||18,881 million yen|
|Established||October 29, 1980|
|Number of Employees||Full-time employees: 583; part-time employees: 119
(Group basis) full-time employees: 1,032; part-time employees: 188* The figure for part-time workers is the average over the term (assuming a working day of seven hours and 30 minutes).
|Business||Management of used vehicle auction|
|Number of members||On-site auction members: 47,111
Satellite auction members: 2,894
Internet auction members: 29,966
Used vehicle purchasing shops: 169 (including 22 direct shops)
* Figures for members are on a group-wide basis.
(As of March 31,2017)
1.We will become a diversified used car distribution organization that is widely recognized as an outstanding corporate citizen
- We will operate fair and transparent auctions by developing and using advanced technologies.
- We will offer the same services throughout Japan by increasing the use of the Internet and other digital channels.
- We will protect the environment by properly disposing of end-of-life vehicles and expanding the recycling business.
2.Our organization will always be trusted by both our customers and the public in general.
- We will offer a consistently high level of services nationwide by continually upgrading the quality of auction operations.
- We will restructure our IT management framework and reinforce information security, including measures to deal with natural disasters.
3.We will leverage all of our strengths and knowhow to adapt to ongoing changes in our markets.
- We will increase interaction among our group companies in order to respond to changes in our operating environment.
- We will establish new ties with a wide range of companies, with an emphasis on our core used car auction business.
- We will also launch new businesses to diversify our revenue streams.
4.We will build a team of self-reliant individuals who can continue to support and manage the USS
Group ́s growth for decades to come.
- We will establish a new personnel system that encourages people to become more self-reliant.
- We will strengthen employee education and training programs to give our staff the skills to become managers.
5.We will always incorporate the interests of our shareholders in our operations and decision-making.
- We will continue to consider earnings distributions to shareholders as one of our highest priorities.
- As a basic policy, we will maintain a consolidated dividend payout ratio of at least 50%.
On December 15, 2015 USS Co., Ltd. established a Fundamental Policy for Corporate Governance. The aim was to clearly define the fundamental thinking and framework that support and outline corporate governance, both for the Company and its subsidiaries.
Fundamental Corporate Governance Policy of the USS Group
USS is actively driving the revitalization of the used vehicle distribution market, while always keeping the auto auction business as our core business.
USS facilitates the smooth distribution of used vehicles nationwide through its highly sophisticated used-vehicle auctions.
It holds its core on-site auctions at 19 auction sites across the country, and in addition, provides registered members with two ways to participate in the same auctions virtually: by proprietary satellite feeds to local auction sites and by Internet feeds that can be accessed anywhere.
Membership stood at 47,111 firms at the end of March 2017, and the market share was over 30%, making USS by far Japan's largest auto auction company.
Used vehicle purchasing and selling business
It is critically important to win and retain members’ confidence by boosting both the number of vehicle consignments and the number of completed contracts.
Auto auctions only become lively when active buyers and sellers meet and have an efficient, transparent marketplace in which to conduct their transactions.
To maximize the number of high-quality used vehicles USS can supply, it operates "Rabbit," a retail-oriented used car purchasing chain unique to the USS Group, with outlets all over the country.
Even before the advent of the Vehicle Recycling Law, USS set up auction sites dedicated to older-model/high mileage vehicles.
Vehicles sold at such auctions are used in various ways, both at home and abroad. USS also scraps unsold vehicles at the request of their owners to recycle them as rebuilt auto parts, raw materials, or solid fuel.
|President and Representative Director||Yukihiro Ando|
|Representative Vice President||Dai Seta|
|Executive Vice President||Manager of Tokyo Auction Site||Motohiro Masuda|
|Executive Vice President||Officer of the Supervisory Office||Masafumi Yamanaka|
|Senior Managing Director||Manager of Kyushu Auction Site||Toshio Mishima|
|Senior Managing Director||Officer of the Auction Operation Office||Masayuki Akase|
|Junior Managing Director||Manager of Osaka-Kobe Auction Site||Hiromitsu Ikeda|
|Director||Hitoshi Tamura (Outside)|
|Director||Akihiko Kato (Outside)|
|Director||Mitsuhiro Aso (Outside)|
|Full-time Corporate Auditor||Shinji Ozaki|
|Corporate Auditor||Toru Niwa (Outside)|
|Corporate Auditor||Ryoichi Miyazaki (Outside)|
|Executive Officer||Manager of Sapporo Auction Site||Yukiyasu Sugata|
|Executive Officer||Manager of Gunma Auction Site||Eiichi Arai|
|Executive Officer||Manager of Okayama-Shikoku Auction Site||Seiichi Kaneda|
|Executive Officer||Manager of Fukuoka Auction site||Yasuhisa Koga|
|Executive Officer||General Manager of Internet Department||Hiroshi Kojima|
(As of June 13, 2017)
|Company Name||Location||Main Business||Equity Interest|
|USS Co., Ltd.||Tokai City, Aichi||Operation of used car auction|
|US Butsuryu Co., Ltd.||Tokai City, Aichi||Transport service of motor lorry||100%|
|USS Support Service Co., Ltd.||Tokai City, Aichi||Financial services||100%|
|Reproworld Co., Ltd.||Noda City, Chiba||Purchasing and selling of accident-damaged vehicles||100%|
|Rabbit Car Network Co., Ltd.||Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo||Purchasing and selling of used vehicle||100%|
|ARBIZ Co., Ltd.||Nagoya City, Aichi||Recycling of end-of-life automobiles and other goods||51%|
|USS Logistics International Service Co., Ltd.||Yokohama City, Kanagawa||Used car export procedures||100%|
|Japan Bike Auction Co., Ltd.||Yokohama City, Kanagawa||Operation of motorcycle auction||66%|
|Japan Automobile Auction Inc.||Edogawa Ward, Tokyo||Operation of used car auction||66.04%|
(As of August 24, 2017)