- Disclosure Policy
1. Fundamental Disclosure Policy
- This policy applies to the disclosure of important information, which includes items or events that have an influence on investment decisions, as well as to financial information and other significant items. USS discloses this information in accordance with the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law and other laws and regulations as well as in accordance with the Rules for the Timely Disclosure of Information by Issuers of Listed Securities (“Timely Disclosure Rules” hereafter) of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Nagoya Stock Exchange.
- To meet the demands of investors and securities analysts, USS also discloses information that is not subject to the Timely Disclosure Rules for the purpose of disclosing information in a manner that is even more fair, speedy and accessible.
2. Disclosure Method
- For important information subject to the Timely Disclosure Rules, as stipulated in these rules, USS registers information with the Timely Disclosure Network (TDnet) of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Nagoya Stock Exchange. Following registration, the information is posted on the USS website（http://www.ussnet.co.jp）and made available in other ways.
- When disclosing information not subject to the Timely Disclosure Rules as well, USS uses its website（http://www.ussnet.co.jp）and other means to make this information accessible with the greatest possible fairness.
3. Quiet Period
To prevent leaks of financial information and ensure fairness, as a rule, USS establishes a quiet period of three weeks prior to every earnings announcement date. USS will not respond to any requests for information or provide any comments about results of operations during this period.
4. Forward-looking Statements
Forecasts and outlooks that USS discloses are based on decisions that use information that was available as of the disclosure date.
Consequently, these statements are not promises or guarantees concerning figures in business plans or the successful completion of any initiatives. In addition, due to various risk factors and other uncertainties, actual results of operations and other aspects of performance may differ from forecasts and outlooks.
Partially revised on June 26, 2012