Cautionary statement about earnings projections
This Web site contains forward-looking statements such as plans and policies that are estimates of future earnings, and are based on information known to USS management at the time. Please do not base your decisions solely on these estimates.
 Personal Information Protection Policy
USS Co., Ltd. and other members of the USS Group (“the Company” hereafter) hold personal information for the purpose of satisfying customers by supplying products and services that are convenient and useful. The Company has established the following personal information protection policy in order to protect personal information from leaks, losses, unauthorized alterations and other risks. The Company takes all necessary and proper actions that are required to protect the personal information of its customers.
- The Company manages personal information properly in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and other guidelines concerning personal information.
- The Company has rules concerning the acquisition, use, provision and other handling of personal information and ensures that all executives and employees strictly comply with these rules.
- When outsourcing tasks involving personal information, the Company performs appropriate supervision to ensure the safety of this information.
- For personal information held by the Company (including outsourced tasks), the Company has proper and reasonable safety management measures to prevent leaks, losses and unauthorized alterations.
- The Company is constantly reviewing its management system and activities for the protection of personal information and working on improvements.
 Method for Obtaining Personal Information
When obtaining personal information, the Company will collect this information in a legal and fair manner, stating the purpose for obtaining this information and receiving only information required for this purpose. When inquiries are received from customers, recordings will be made to confirm the contents of conversations. In addition, the Company uses a telephone number display in order to call customers back.
 Categories of Personal Information and Use
The Company obtains personal information only as required for the following purposes. This information will not be used in any way other than for the stated purpose or provided to a third party unless the customer has given prior consent (including contracts) or as permitted by laws and regulations.
|Categories of personal information received||Purpose|
|Information (including revised information that the Company obtains from customers, etc.) that customers (including guarantors of auction members and other related parties) enter in the Company’s application forms, contracts, reception forms, questionnaires and other documents||For the operation of Auction Site Locations and the provision of all services associated with the operation of auctions
For the operation of an organization for members (CIS) using the Internet and the provision of CIS services
For events, campaigns and questionnaires
|Information concerning business partners||For the oversight of business partners and sales activities|
|Information concerning shareholders||To hold shareholders meetings and other meetings for shareholders, send business reports, shareholder gift cards and other items, and perform other operations involving shareholders|
|Information in customer inquiries||To provide quick and accurate responses to inquiries|
|Information received from the Company’s Web site information request form and IR information e-mail service registration form||To send materials as requested and conduct the e-mail service|
|Information concerning job applicants||For the selection of applicants to hire and notification of job applicants of employment decisions|
 Joint Use of Information with Other Companies
Personal information collected by the Company shall be used as stated below and within the limits necessary for achieving the above purposes.
|Jointly used personal information||
|Companies included in joint use||US Butsuryu Co., Ltd.
USS Support Service Co., Ltd.
|CityLight Co., Ltd., Kyushu Chuo Auto Auction Co., Ltd., Maruei Co., Ltd., JU Gifu Hashima Auto Auction, Inc., Japan Used Car Dealers Federation Aichi, BAYAUC Co., Ltd., Zip Co., Ltd., Japan Used Car Dealers Federation Hiroshima, HAA Kobe Inc., Japan Automobile Auction, Inc., Japan Bike Auction Co., Ltd.||Nippon Auto Auction Association and its participating auction sites (information about participating auction sites is on the association’s website (http://nak-hp.info/index.htm))|
|Purpose of use||
For the operation of Auction Site Locations and the provision of all services associated with the operation of auctions
For the operation of the organization for members (CIS) using the Internet and the provision of CIS services
For events, campaigns and questionnaires
For the provision of prompt and accurate responses to inquiries from customers
|For the operation of alliance partner auctions and group companies of these partners||For the efficient operation of auctions with no difficulties|
|Manager of personal information||USS Co., Ltd||USS Co., Ltd.||Nippon Auto Auction Association|
 Oversight of Outsourcing
The Company uses contracts and other means to require companies, etc. that handle personal information on an outsourcing basis to manage this information properly just as the Company does.
 Disclosure, Corrections, etc. of Customer Information
When there is a request for the disclosure of a customer’s personal information that is registered with the Company, the method prescribed by the Company will be used to confirm that the request is from that customer and will then disclose the information within a reasonable time and scope. When the Company is told that the registered personal information of a customer is incorrect, the required investigation will be completed within a reasonable time and the necessary corrections, additions or deletions (“corrections, etc.” hereafter) will be made.
However, these disclosures and corrections, etc. are not applicable in the following cases. When the decision is made not to conduct corrections, etc., the applicable party will be notified of the reason.
- The inability to confirm that the inquiry is from the individual for which the personal information applies
- When a request is from the representative of an individual, the inability to confirm that this representative has the legal right to make a request
- Request for information disclosure or corrections, etc. is not applicable to personal information held by the Company
- Disclosure of the information would pose a risk to the life, physical well-being, finances or other rights of the individual or a third party
- Disclosure of the information would create a significant problem concerning the proper operation of the Company’s business activities
- When the disclosure or corrections, etc. would violate laws or regulations
- The request for corrections, etc. is for a reason other than because the personal information held by the Company is incorrect
- There is no need for corrections, etc. due to the purpose for which the personal information was obtained or there is the alleged error in this information does not exist
- Other cases where there is no obligation for disclosure or corrections, etc. as prescribed in the Personal Information Protection Law
 Handling of Shareholder Information
The Company handles shareholder information properly in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law, Corporation Law, other laws and regulations, and the Company’s internal rules. All inquiries concerning shareholder information should be submitted to the Company's transfer agent Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited.
Contact for inquiries about personal information management at the USS Group
General Affairs Dept., Corporate Administration Division USS Co., Ltd.
507-20 Shinpo-machi, Tokai, Aichi Prefecture
Tel: +81-52-689-1129 Fax: +81-52-604-1915