USS respects the individuality of its employees, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, religion, creed, or disability. We are also committed to creating a work environment where employees can develop their abilities and respect each other's individuality.
Initiatives for Women's Advancement
In April 2021, we developed and announced an action plan (April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2026) in compliance with the Act on Promotion of Women's Participation and Advancement in the Workplace. We are committed to taking actions to achieve the goals of the plan.
Goals and Actions
- Goal 1
- Aim to increase the percentage of female managers (Deputy Chief or higher positions) to 8% or more of all employees
- Raise the motivation of female employees to take on the challenge of becoming managers
- By offering an improved childcare leave system, reduce the number of female employees resigning from the company after childbirth, thus increasing the length of service of female employees
- Goal 2
- Raise the percentage of female managers to at least 5% in fiscal 2025 and at least 10% in fiscal 2030
- Increase the number of women assigned to jobs where they can be candidates to become the next generation of USS managers and executives
- Goal 3
- Increase the percentage of employees taking paid leave to 60%
- Increase the percentage of employees taking paid leave by efficiently running the planned paid leave system
- Lower employees' work load by improving work efficiency